Though there are many things to do in downtown Santa Fe, it’s well known for its incredible shopping opportunities. From high-end boutiques and an astonishing range of art galleries and art markets to flea markets and consignment stores, there’s no shortage of great shopping in downtown Santa Fe. What better place to kick off your holiday shopping than here?
To make the most of your holiday shopping experience, you’ll want to spend a few days here, as there are way more stores in downtown Santa Fe than you can possibly visit in a day. That’s where our incredible Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast comes in. Not only do we offer guests incomparable luxury and welcoming hospitality, but we do it within an easy walk of all the best shopping, attractions, museums, and more in downtown Santa Fe.
The holiday season is truly a magical time to be in Santa Fe and a delightful time to enjoy the top-rated museums and attractions. The busy summer and fall crowds have gone home for the season, leaving far fewer people in town. That means more time to enjoy current museum exhibits and shopping and even to get coveted reservations at the best Santa Fe restaurants. While enjoying all of this, there’s no better place to stay in Santa Fe than our #1-rated Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
The Best Shopping in Downtown Santa Fe
Downtown Santa Fe truly is a shopper’s paradise – but it can be exhausting at first glance, especially if you’ve never been here! Downtown Sante Fe is bursting with unique and hand-crafted treasures, including those made by native and other local artisans. You will find just about everything here, from fashion and jewelry to fine furniture and all the cowboy/girl gear you need!
USA Today’s 10 best publication even named Santa Fe the best shopping destination in the country – which makes sense when you know about Santa Fe’s rich history as a multicultural trading center. Most of the best shopping in downtown Santa Fe is on and around the historic plaza. As a very walkable downtown, it’s easy to make your way from our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast to your top shopping destinations for the day and back again.
Shopping here is a true experience. If you’re ready to start your holiday shopping journey in downtown Santa Fe, we’ve rounded up some of the best spots to pick up what we’re sure will be the most coveted gifts of the season. Happy shopping!
- If you love hunting for treasures, don’t miss Santa Fe’s Consignment shops like Double Take. Here, you’ll find top-notch vintage finds, plenty of fabulous Western wear, and much more.
- If you’re more in the market for consigned home goods, don’t miss The Raven. They also have more than just consignment here, with plenty of new merchandise to make the home look gorgeous.
- For high-end western wear, head to Canyon Road staple Nathalie.
- For your favorite cook, head to Las Cosas Kitchen Shoppe. You’ll find everything from cookware and gorgeous dishware to fun kitchen gadgets for your favorite foodie.
- Santa Fe School of Cooking – which just so happens to host fabulous cooking classes – is also a great spot to shop for all the kitchen tools and some yummy treats over the holiday season.
- Collected Works Bookstore and Coffee House is Santa Fe’s oldest independent bookstore, where you’ll no doubt find something perfect for your favorite book lover. When you need a break, grab a coffee and snack and get ready for more shopping in downtown Santa Fe!
- Given Santa Fe is home to one of the largest art markets in the country, it’s no surprise that there are also great stores for your favorite artist, friend, or loved one. Stop into Artisan for some genuinely fantastic gift ideas – the store is staffed by artists who would love to help.
- Nambe Trading Post is a wonderful place to shop in downtown Santa Fe for southwestern gifts. They have a great selection of jewelry, art, home goods, rugs, blankets, and more.
- For high-end jewelry, head to Santa Fe Goldworks. The handmade jewelry here is modern in style but with elements of artist David Griego’s cultural heritage in northern New Mexico.
- We also recommend you shop for jewelry and other gorgeous handmade items from the Native artists and artisans on the Sante Fe plaza near the Palace of the Governors. These goods are vetted, authentic, and absolutely stunning.
- For some of the best cowboy boots, head to Back at the Ranch. If they don’t have what you want or need, you can have it custom-made!
- If you’re looking for gorgeous native art, stop into Than Povi Fine Art, the only large pueblo-owned Native American Art Gallery in downtown Santa Fe.
- Head to Andrea Fisher Fine Pottery for a stunning selection of native-made pottery. Their collection of Native American pottery dates back to 1850 and is truly unmatched in downtown Santa Fe.
- For even more stunning art in Santa Fe, which ranges from Native American Art to traditional Southwestern art, head to Shiprock Santa Fe. You’ll find handwoven Navajo rugs and baskets, graphic Acoma Pueblo pottery, Native-made silver jewelry inlaid with turquoise, and so much more.
- For an unbeatable collection of curated vintage clothing, collectibles, art, and more, don’t miss shopping at Santa Fe Vintage, which is about 20 minutes outside downtown Santa Fe, but more than worth the drive.
The Best Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast
This holiday season is the best time to shop ’til you drop in downtown Santa Fe – and while you’re doing that, make sure to include plenty of rest and relaxation at our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast. We’re located within easy walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and many of the city’s top attractions and offer incomparable luxury and hospitality.
Guests have their choice of eight guest rooms, each decorated with authentic Southwestern decor and various fine art pieces, and they are outfitted with a broad range of luxury amenities. In the morning, join us in our beautiful dining room for a delicious, filling 3-course breakfast that will leave you full, satisfied, and ready for another day of shopping in downtown Santa Fe!
In addition to our complimentary breakfast, we offer free on-site parking, in-room Wi-Fi, luxury bath products, and light refreshments in the afternoon, all of which add to the value of staying at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast in Santa Fe. The holidays are fast approaching, so book your room and start planning your shopping adventure today!