From casual meals of green chile burgers and spicy queso to elegant fine dining with molecular gastronomy touches, these Santa Fe restaurants cover the spread. The City Different is a confluence of Southwestern, Mexican, Indigenous, and Spanish cultures, translating to flavorful and authentic recipes unique to this locale. Talented chefs are drawn to the area for the abundant Santa Fe Farmers Market, lively dining scene, and eager tourists (and locals!) ready to eat.
As a guest at our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location to take a culinary journey to these Santa Fe restaurants, many of which are within walking distance or just a quick drive. You’ll also want to take advantage of our lovely breakfast served in our beautiful dining space each morning. We create flavorful sweet and savory dishes, including local Santa Fe ingredients and traditional family recipes.
Stand Out Local Cuisine at these Santa Fe Restaurants
You’ll find many of the best Santa Fe restaurants downtown at the Santa Fe Plaza and the offshoot streets from this central hub. Whether you’re looking for casual, festive meals with margaritas and chips and salsa or a multi-course fine dining experience, it’s here in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Here are our top Santa Fe restaurants not to miss during your stay:
- Sazon: Chef Fernando Olea first brought his elevated Latin-American cuisine to Santa Fe in 1991, delighting diners with simple yet flavor-packed menus. Enjoy a tequila flight under the gaze of portraits of Frida Kalo hung on the adobe walls.
- Geronimo: Crisp, white tablecloths, high-back buttery leather chairs, and creative global cuisine sum up the atmosphere of Chef Sllin Cruz’s fine-dining restaurant in Santa Fe.
- Cafe Pasquale’s: After perusing the contemporary art gallery at this local Santa Fe Cafe, sit down for a delectable dinner of mole enchiladas, Mexican shrimp cocktails, and roasted green chile filet mignon.
- Restaurant Martin: As one of the Santa Fe restaurants to receive a James Beard nomination for 2022, you’ll absolutely want to find a spot on the garden patio for some of the most innovative American cuisine in the city.
- The Compound: This intimate adobe restaurant is where Chef Mark Kiffin showcases his contemporary American and Mediterranean menu with impeccable service and an award-winning wine list.
- Santacafe: As one of the oldest Santa Fe restaurants, it’s the beautiful outdoor dining space with apricot trees that beckons diners here time and again.
- La Casa Sena: It’s all about craft cocktails, outdoor dining, and stunning dishes like Branzino and Nicoise salad from the mind of talented Chef Jose Rodriguez at this long-time restaurant in the heart of the Santa Fe Plaza.
- Coyote Cafe: While there’s cozy contemporary seating inside at this mainstay, the Rooftop Cantina is one of the best seats in the city for people-watching. tasty bar snacks, tacos, and scratch-made margaritas.
- Sassella: This is the perfect spot for upscale Italian dining right next door to the famed Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. Check their website for the latest events and weekly liquor tastings paired with snacks.
- Market Steer Steakhouse: Chef Kathleen Crook, a New Mexico native, knows a thing or two about steak, and an elegant dinner here will be fun, flavorful, and an experience you won’t soon forget.
- Izanami Restaurant: You’ll find this izakaya restaurant located within Ten Thousand Waves, a premier Santa Fe spa experience. It’s a lovely place to eat after a spa treatment or a soak in one of the many pools.
- Arroyo Vino: There’s a relaxed atmosphere at this wine shop and bistro about 15 minutes from downtown Santa Fe, serving housemade pasta, perfectly fried calamari, and craft cocktails with a twist.
- La Boca: This is one of the best Santa Fe restaurants for Spanish-inspired cuisine. Rustic tapas are ideal for sharing, paired with an exciting wine list with some unusual finds, and warm hospitality, making this a favorite evening spot.
Start Your Day at our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast
There’s no better way to start your day than at our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast. You’ll find quiet outdoor spots to take in the crisp morning sunshine while you sip freshly brewed coffee and enjoy our homemade breakfasts. Our morning meals are delicious and match the caliber of breakfasts around town at the nearby Santa Fe restaurants—and included with your accommodations so that you can splurge on your lunch and dinner options.
All of our eight guest rooms and casitas are cozy and elegant, many with king-size beds, wood-burning fireplaces, and private outdoor patio space. Check out our room comparison chart to see all the details before booking. As a Select Registry member, you’ll quickly see that our hospitality is top-notch, no detail is overlooked, and you’ll feel completely at home in one of the best places to stay in Santa Fe. Book your room at El Farolito B&B today!