Recently, our Farmer’s Market in Santa Fe was named as one of the best in the whole country. This is thanks in part to the climate here,which keeps fresh fruits and vegetables at our fingertips all year long. As a result, we also have some of the best dining options at Santa Fe restaurants, with menus representing a broad range of local cuisine and international delights.
One of the most essential ingredients you’ll find at Santa Fe restaurants is the local favorite: green chilies. This mild and flavorful pepper is the basis for so many amazing recipes and dishes. But, as amazing as the flavors at Santa Fe restaurants are, your tastebuds aren’t your only senses that will be enticed in Santa Fe. Brilliant adobe-style architecture, warm sunny days, fragrant spices wafting from cafes, and vibrant murals lining the streets are just a hint of what awaits your senses.
Our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast is centrally located next to the hustle and bustle of the historic downtown area, but our eight guest suites are quietly nestled in our garden grounds. You’ll be close to everything but feel a world away in paradise. You’ll be within walking distance to many of the best Santa Fe restaurants, as well as art galleries, shopping, and historical sites. Check our availability and come stay with us in Santa Fe today!
Indulge at the Best Santa Fe Restaurants
There’s certainly no shortage of things to do in the City Different, but certainly one of the most tantalizing is to sample your way through the incredible selection of Santa Fe restaurants. We’re known all over the world for amazing ingredients, talented chefs, and creative dining spaces. Here are 10 of the best Santa Fe restaurants to check out on your vacation:
- The Shed: Known as one of the most iconic Santa Fe restaurants for classic New Mexican fare, The Shed has been family owned and operated since 1953. Red chili enchiladas are a must! Pair those with a scratch-made margarita and you’ll be on cloud nine.
- La Boca: Nominated eight times for a James Beard Award, Chef James Campbell has been creating exciting Spanish cuisine at his Santa Fe restaurant since 2006. Head here for tapas, paella, desserts, and a world-class selection of sherries.
- Back Road Pizza: As a guest at our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast, you may pick a night where you’d rather order in than venture out to one of the many Santa Fe restaurants. Back Road Pizza is the best choice! Grab a New Mexican Pie (pepperoni, green chili, and red onion) to go, a bottle of wine, and take a spot on your private patio outside your room.
- The Compound Restaurant: If you’re looking for a romantic dinner out, this might be one of the best Santa Fe restaurants for two. The historical complex used to be a group of homes, tastefully remodeled into an elegant dining space. James Beard Award-winning chef and owner, Mark Kiffin offers creative dishes with local ingredients from the Farmer’s Market.
- India House: If you’re craving some classic international fare, this is the spot for flavorful and tender Tandoori chicken, spicy lamb curry, and traditional appetizers like samosa and pakoras. Don’t miss the impressive selection of naan-style breads.
- Sassella: This is one of the Santa Fe restaurants that is always getting a lot of attention. Its rustic Italian cuisine was just awarded as this year’s Traveller’s Choice on Trip Advisor. And it definitely is worth the hype! Plates arrive like works of art and taste heavenly.
- Santa Fe Bite: For casual lunch and dinner fare with a particularly delicious green chili cheeseburger, this is a great spot for a leisurely afternoon enjoying some Santa Fe-style dishes. You may want to save room for the famous house-made tres leches cake.
- Tomasita’s: Head to one of the oldest Santa Fe restaurants in town for Northern New Mexican comfort food from traditional family recipes prepared with local and seasonal ingredients.
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales: This farm-to-table gastropub and brewery offers tasty beers brewed on-site, hearty comfort food, and a spacious shady patio for outdoor enjoyment. On a hot day, their light and refreshing ales really hit the spot.
- Geronimo: Find fantastic and elegant fine-dining in this restored 1756 adobe-style house named after the builder from all those centuries ago. Plan for reservations here for a romantic dinner with options like chili and honey Mexican white prawns, sous-vide short ribs, or Wagyu beef carpaccio.
The majority of Santa Fe restaurants are open for indoor dining, but reservations are highly recommended to assure a table. Allow us to help with any questions you might have before dining out.
Luxurious Lodging at Our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast
As you enter the adobe walls of our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast, you’ll finally feel like you’re on vacation. The spacious layout of our Inn creates a whimsical maze with unique guest suites and casitas tucked on our garden grounds. The traditional decor gives you an immersive experience of truly being away from the busyness of everyday life.
Relaxation is key here. We encourage cozying up by our wood-burning fireplaces on a cool evening with a glass of wine. Or curl up on our plush beds with your favorite book. For those who prefer to spend a night on the town, we’re in an ideal location, walkable to many of the best Santa Fe restaurants and attractions. We can’t wait to host you! Book your room today.