The City Different is a popular destination year-round. However, some argue that Fall is the best time to enjoy all of the fantastic things to do in Santa Fe—in part to the spectacular weather, seasonal events, and exciting festivals. Santa Fe is one of the most fascinating cities in the United States, it embodies a melting pot of rich culture and history, and this is on full display in every corner of this bustling destination.
From the rustic adobe architecture and the world-renowned museums to the culinary adventures and art galleries—there’s something for everyone here.
Before you start filling your itinerary with all of the best things to do in Santa Fe, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful place to stay. Our location puts you within arm’s reach of the best shopping, dining, and touring, but you’ll be set back and tucked behind our adobe walls for a quiet and restful vacation. Our guest rooms and casitas are the ideal space for relaxation with comfortable beds, authentic furnishings, and top-tier amenities, including a complimentary home-cooked breakfast each morning.
Head to our availability calendar and book your next getaway to Santa Fe today!
Explore the Best Things to do in Santa Fe this Fall
The latest travel study by the Santa Fe tourism board estimated that two million overnight visitors come to our city each year. Most of these visitors come from April to October, with peak times falling in July and August—which means visiting during late Fall will entail fewer crowds and more attentive service.
Here are the best things to do in Santa Fe this Fall:
- Head to the Santa Fe Plaza: Just a few blocks from our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast, this historical plaza area is a gathering space and cultural hub for the city. You’ll find some of the best restaurants, museums, and shopping opportunities all surrounding this central space.
- Culture on Display at Museum Hill: While some of the most well-known museums are downtown, including the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, the New Mexico Museum of Art, and the New Mexico History Museum. But just about ten minutes outside the downtown area, you’ll find four world-class museums, the Santa Fe Botanical Gardens, an outdoor sculpture collection, and much more.
- The Art Galleries of Canyon Road: For true art enthusiasts and collectors, Canyon Road is a magical half-mile of pure heaven. With more than eighty art galleries, boutiques, and cafes in one quick stretch, you’ll love perusing the adobe architecture, outdoor installations, and storefronts.
- The Best Dining Options in New Mexico: One of the most delectable things to do in Santa Fe during your getaway is dining out. Your meals here are sure to be flavorful, rich, and packed with local ingredients and products. Here’s a comprehensive list of the best Santa Fe restaurants you won’t want to miss.
- Shopping at the Local Markets: You’ll find all kinds of local boutiques, markets, and shops on and around the Santa Fe Plaza. However, one of the best things to do in Santa Fe year-round is head out to the Farmer’s Market in the Railyard District.
- Get Outdoors and Hike in Dale Ball Trails: The countryside in New Mexico is beautiful, and one of the best things to do in Santa Fe is to explore it! The Dale Ball Trail system is a great place to start. Located in the nearby National Forest in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains foothills, you’ll find multiple options for hiking for every skill level.
- Wine Tasting in Downtown Santa Fe: There are plenty of places to grab a lovely glass of wine; one of our favorite stops is Gruet Winery and the tasting room. The clean and elegant Spanish-Mission-designed space is perfect for a crisp pour of their sparkling varieties.
- Spa and Wellness Opportunities: Our city is a well-known rejuvenation station, with the nearby hot springs, world-class spa resorts, and fitness opportunities. Ten Thousand Waves is a traditional Japanese-style spa experience, and we highly recommend adding a treatment or two and a soak to your itinerary.
The Best Lodging in Santa Fe, New Mexico
One of the best things to do in Santa Fe this Fall is book your luxurious suite at El Farolito, the premier Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast. While our Inn is set back on a quiet neighborhood street, you’ll only be minutes from the action of the Santa Fe Plaza, nearby museums, and world-class restaurants and bars. You’re welcoming guest room will await your return, with warm and neutral tones, custom furniture, and cozy fireplaces ideal for the crisp fall evenings.
Please book your room at our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast today!